From nature to comfort, Banff has it all. A world class destination for travel, Banff is popular throughout the year. Whether you are out for the skiing, the hot springs or a taste of the wilderness, Banff is an ideal destination throughout the year.
Banff is a land of diversity. From its hot springs to its glaciers a land of contrasts, Banff can sometimes be harsh, but it is always beautiful no matter what. In winter, ski, ice dive, ice skate or snowshoe your way to adventures and in summer, picnic, hike, bike, fish or just relax in natures splendor. First recognized in 1883, Banff has become one of the most popular areas for travel in all of Canada. First national park in Canada and third in the world, it is over 2,500 miles of land for nature and man to enjoy.
Top attractions within the park include:
- Lake Minnewanka – The Lake of the Water Spirits
- Banff Legacy Trail – Miles of trails and roadways paved for biking, and hiking
- Upper Hot Springs Pool – Natural hot springs visited by travelers for hundreds of years
- Johnson Lake – Great for hiking, boating or fishing
- Vermillion Lakes – Just west of Banff, these are important wetland ecosystems and are great for bird watching and wildlife viewing