The most visited city in the world, Paris welcomed over 15 million just in international tourists in 2010 and over 70 million total visitors in 2011. With a history dating back over a thousand years and home to some of the most iconic and recognizable attractions in the world today, it is no wonder that millions choose to make their their destination for travel each and every year.
Though Paris is often considered one of the most expensive cities for travel, there are ways you can avoid breaking the bank at this top destination. Take a look at some of the top free attractions and the tips to help you make the most of your travel dollar in Paris, a top destination for travel reviewed with Bill Bailey Travel.
Top Free Destinations:
- Notre Dame de Paris – Though you will have to skip the trip inside, just to visit the site itself is always free.
- Le Champ de Mars – An alternative to the Eiffle Towers costly fees and long lines, you can get the same great views for free at Le Champ de Mars.
- Père Lachaise Cemetery – Cemeteries offer a unique look at the past and history and why not get up close and personal with such greats and Jim Morrison and for free!
- Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris – A great look at the culture and collections of Paris for nothing.
- Basilique du Sacré Coeur – Free except a trip to the tower or the crypt.
- Parc des Buttes-Chaumont – Steepest park in Paris, it is known for its beauty and a great escape from the crowds.
- Skip the “touristy restaurants” and opt for the local establishments
- Try the off season and shoulder seasons for travel
- Be creative when it comes to dining – Try picnics, choose a condo with a kitchen or kitchenette and cook for yourself.
- Use a guidebook
- Skip the travelers checks
- Know your phone plan
- Try the bus
Bill Bailey Travel invites you to review other tips and helpful advice with us again. Enjoy the world around you and travel more with tips to help from Bill Bailey, your source for travel.