Everyone wants to be able to remember the best and most beautiful parts of their vacation and for most this means piles of pictures. If you are one of those who enjoy taking many pictures of your favorite destinations and activities along the way, its not so much in the numbers as it is the composition when it comes to the best albums. Rather than wasting your time taking 200 average pictures on your next vacation, take advantage of the following tips to help you take the best pictures possible. From your smart phone to the most expensive cameras, the secrets to a good photo are not all in the camera but in your skill, composition and eye. Consider the following tips to help you make your photos more than just average on your vacation.
- Consider the rule of thirds – This is a common thing considered by even professional photographers. The rule of thirds is a basic principle which breaks the image up into 9 equal parts, a grid. The theory is by placing points of interest at intersections or along these imaginary lines, it helps the viewer to better view the image making a more visually appealing composition.
- Try looking from a different perspective – When traveling to areas which have iconic symbols, chances are you will likely take a picture of said icons. For example, if you are at the Grand Canyon, you will likely want to take a photo or 20 from the popular lookouts. Rather than looking at it the same as everyone else, try to look at it from a different perspective. Be creative.
- Consider the time of day when taking a photo – This is especially important when you are taking picture in climates such as Texas where the sun is rarely blocked by clouds during most times of the year. Bright unobstructed sun can be the downfall of even the best composed photo. Try to get out early or later in the day to take advantage of clouds and lower light conditions.
- Get closer to the action – Rather than taking all your pictures from further away, get a little closer to some subjects for a clearer and more interesting image.
- Take advantage of smart phone apps – If you are using your smart phone as your camera, you can still get some incredibly amazing images, and even more so by taking advantage of apps that help you with light and contrast and even crop and edit other aspects of your photo.
Bill Bailey Travel offers you tips and advice on travel, vacations and planning your vacation experiences as well. Come back again and learn more about travel and planning with us.